Wednesday 26 November 2008

T3: Totoro


My Neighbour Totoro (The Movie)

I am a fan of My Neighbour Totoro (となりのトトロ), a classic animation released in 1988 by Hayao Miyazaki (宮崎 駿), who must be turning 67 this year. His creations go a long way and had won himself a huge following around the world. I also collected the 4-book anime-manga on some of his works like Princess Mononoke, Castle, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Castle in the Sky and Kiki's Delivery Service to name a few.



Ghibli Museum

If you are game for more, there is a short sequel to the film (13 mins) about Mei and the Kittenbus which was shown for a limited time at the Ghibli Museum, a place any fan of Hayao Miyazaki's works must visit when going to Japan.

________________________________________________________

Tomica Limited Packaging


"Totoro" on Base Plate

Therefore when TakaraTomy announced in 2007 the release of three Tomica Limited models based on his works, I was keen to get them. This is my first piece, the Totoro Bus. It feels heavy and quite well-modelled, and it comes with the bus-stand to make it all the more reminiscence of the story.
Overall I'll give it a 8/10 in terms of collecting value 
Image result for smiley

Gallery



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.